Conviction Chronicles blog post #44 - Wakeup events part 1

Wakeup events

 These events can happen when someone enters your dorm room, if you are aligned with them or are romancing, they have a stringer chance of happening. Sometimes they won't happen at all unless you are romancing/aligned with them.

Bias System

This is why it's called part 1, but this system's framework was added where it's going to use cafe events to determine dialogue tied to it so it's more natural/continuing. Eventually once I add more text events when talking to people before 1 on 1 events, it will get this as well.  Once the cafe rework is done, then I'll go back to this.

General stuff about the wakeup events

When an investigation happens they allow for evidence sharing and if the other person likes your character enough, they will ask your opinion on who is the killer or not. Shanks won't talk to your character in this way unless romanced/aligned with him, but in an investigation he might storm your room and call you the killer. The same with Jack. Alexis, Nova, and Jade will both always be available to talk no matter what, and I want them to have the most talking events for the wakeup. Mostly since they are the most unique characters in certain ways.

Alexis always wants to make sure everyone has a smile.

Nova actively wants to manipulate as much as she can for her advantage, and to further her own goals of ending the game. 

Jade is searching for her own emotions and look anywhere she can.

It doesn't make sense for a character like Aishia to open up as much as them which is also why those three get the main focus here.

Alternate day time themes

I decided to add 2 new day time themes. One if the player is the mole and the other is going to be tied to something I'll go into much more detail later. Overall it's adding a cut character back into the game to replace Bianca/Cuddles/The Assistant for the rest of the game. Comparing the three themes:

Default: Slow with a focus on instrumentation. 

Mole: Focuses on synths where the bells of judgement are suppressed to focus more of the synths.

???: Focuses more of the bells and has a sadness to it. 

Anything else?

I think I'm going to focus on the "Hint Corner" type idea I have for after the flashback/credits events. Still unsure on the name for it. It's something I want to mostly start now to get it out of the way before everything else, and there is still so much left to do. A good chunk is dialogue based outside the motives and the motive system for a long time. I don't mind, it does mean I have to go at a certain pace to make all of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conviction Chronicles blog post #18 - Improved Title Screen

Conviction Chronicles blog post #17 - Evidence gathering implemented

Conviction Chronicles blog post #14 - Demo Update + Some Minigames